The three Zamil companies in the conference

Thursday, 1st April 1999

The three Zamil companies participating in the Conference are among Saudi Arabia's leading manufacturing enterprises and operate within Zamil Industrial Investment Company, a closed joint stock company held 60 percent by the Al-Zamil Group, with the remaining 40 percent held by GCC institutional and individual investors.

Zamil Steel has recently commenced trial production in its new pre-engineered buildings (PEBs) factory outside Cairo, further evidence of the company's push to become the world's leading exporter of these buildings, from its current world ranking position of sixth, by the turn of the century.

Zamil Air Conditioners is the largest manufacturer of air conditioning equipment in the Middle East.  The company has recently made substantial investments to enhance its already impressive testing and R&D facilities.

Zamil Glass operates the most sophisticated glass factory in the region and has been closely associated with many of the Middle East's most prestigious architectural, design and construction projects.  These include the glass reading room at the Arab Urban Development Institute (AUDI) in Riyadh and the Banque du Liban.

Each operation has a strong international profile with over 40 percent of combined group sales being won in export markets.